We’ve been working hard to configure a new calendar and room reservation software, and we’re really excited about it! The new calendar went live today. Here is a screen shot of the home page, which can be reached by going to http://events.eastgreenbushlibrary.org:
- Home brings you back to the home page of our website, as does clicking our logo
- Events calendar brings you to the view you see above.
- Reserve a room leads to our online meeting room reservation system. This can be used by patrons who want to request the use of one of our meeting rooms for their group.
- Newsletter takes you to a page we have set up for viewing the current newsletter, subscribing to email news, linking to age-specific calendars, and subscribing to events using RSS.
On the left side of the page, you will see a number of options to limit the visible events. You can select as many filters as you like, but note that a very limited search may return no results. After selecting filters, click “apply” to see the abridged view.
- Keyword allows you to search for any word in the event title or description. Keep in mind that events not sponsored by the library cannot be viewed on the calendar.
- Age limits to any age group you check. If you are only interested in events for children, check the children box and click “apply.”
- Program Type indicates the subject of the program. If you would like to see all of the computer classes at the library, choose the “computers and technology” program type. If you only want to see adult computer classes, make sure you also check “adult” in the age filter.
- Room see all of the events in a particular room.
Upcoming and Month Views
Using the green buttons at the top of the page, you can switch between the monthly calendar view and the upcoming view. Upcoming shows events in card format, starting with today’s events.
In the monthly view, you can skip ahead several months by clicking on the month name and using the date picker to advance to any month:
How Do I Register for an Event?
Click to see written instructions, instead. Please note that if you do not provide an email address in your registration, you will not receive event reminders or be notified of event cancellations or wait list promotion.
How Do I Request a Room?
See page 2 of the written instructions if you’d prefer that over video.
What if I Registered/Reserved Using the Old Calendar?
Rest assured, our staff has been hard at work making sure all future events, registrations, and meeting room reservations are being transferred. Please let us know if anything went awry in that process.
I Still Have Questions or Comments
Let us know in the comments below or call the library at 518-477-7476. We look forward to your feedback!