This week, the library upgraded its wireless printing system. The old system limited which devices could print, and the process of installing the software was fraught with annoyances. With the upgrade, sending a print job from anywhere is as easy as sending an email attachment!
How to Print
To print your document, photo or web page, go directly to our printing portal page:
Follow the on-screen instructions and press the green button to print your document.
- The email address you used when submitting your print job will be your login at the print release station.
- Enter your email address and remit payment using the print release station at the reference desk.
- All print jobs will be rendered on letter (8.5” x 11”) sized paper. If the print job is set for larger paper, content will be resized to fit the smaller paper.
- To see a full list of file types that can be printed, visit: http://bit.ly/1ptF3di
Items on Secure Pages
Any items that require a login, such as boarding passes, Facebook pages, encrypted pages, Google Docs, etc., will need to be downloaded or converted to an image or PDF file before sending. Please see a librarian if you need assistance.
How to Print from a Mobile Device
Mobile devices can use the same procedure as other devices. Alternatively, Android and iOS users can download the PrinterOn app from Google Play or the App store.
You can print most types of files, including photos, web pages, PDFs and Microsoft file types. Web pages and photos can be printed directly from the app.
Other files can be printed directly from within the “My Files” or “Gallery” locations using the “Share Via” function and selecting the PrinterOn app.
To print an email attachment, launch the native Mail app. Navigate to the email which contains the attachment. Tap and hold the attachment and select “Open in PrinterOn” from the next menu.
Printing from a Cloud Storage App
- Launch Box/Dropbox app
- Navigate to the item you wish to print
- (Box only—expand options using the icon in the top right corner)
- Tap the “open in” icon.
- Select “open in PrinterOn” and a preview will open.
- If necessary, select your printer by scanning a QR code, selecting a saved printer or searching for a new printer.
- To select copies and page range where applicable, tap the option icon in the top right corner.
- Tap print to submit.
Privacy and Security
This portal uses SSL to ensure the security of your transaction. The printer for this portal uses a privacy system. Your documents are held in a privacy print queue until you are present at the printer to authorize their release.
- Documents are not printed until you enter your email and remit payment at the print release station next to the printer located at the reference desk.
- The document is permanently deleted upon processing.
- Documents left unprinted for more than 24 hours are automatically deleted.
- Once printed, documents cannot be re-printed.
If you have questions or comments about the new service, please share them below or contact a librarian.