The Upper Hudson Library System has rolled out another new catalog feature. Patrons can now opt in to receive SMS (text message) notifications for hold pickups, overdue reminders, and courtesy notices. SMS notifications will not replace your current notification method (email, phone, mail), but will be an additional service. If your cell phone carrier charges you for text messaging, standard rates will apply.
How to opt in:
- Go to the UHLS library catalog and sign in with your card number and PIN. Alternatively, use the “My Account” button on the EG Library website.
- Click on “Edit account.”
- Go to the mobile settings section. Enter your phone number. Read the terms and conditions and check the “Opt In” box.
- Press “Submit.”
- Check your phone for text messages. You will receive a message to confirm your subscription. You must reply by typing “Yes” to complete the signup process.
- You will receive a message confirming your subscription.
- Option 1: Reply STOP, STOP ALL, END, QUIT, CANCEL, or UNSUBSCRIBE to any library SMS notification to stop receiving texts.
- Option 2: Ask a staff member to help you unsubscribe.
Will you be using this new service? Let us know in the comments!